I crossed one off my Bucket List last weekend!! I went to see Jimmy Buffett and The Coral Reefers in concert. The concert was amazing from “License to Chill” to “Tin cup Chalice” and everything in between, I was a parrot head, and loving every moment of it. Tailgating in The parking lot before hand was almost as good as the concert, just relaxing in my chair, drinks good food and everyone is your friend. I learned things I didn’t know:
- Following Jimmy is like the Zydeco version of the Dead.
- Some people never go into the venue to watch the concert
- They didn’t buy a ticket, they just came to tailgate in the parking lot.😱
- Xfinity needs way more Porta-Potty’s in their parking lot.
- I can hula hoop for a pudding shot
- Looking super relaxed will net you Jell-O Shots from complete strangers
- There are still good people in this world
- The guy who tripped n spilled his beer all over us. Then bought us: beer, wine and popcorn. Is one of them❤️
- U have to hand wash a Vera Bradley wristlet when they smell like stale beer.
Most importantly I learned that Connor would have been in his glory. He would have been dancing in the parking lot, with one of those crazy fin hats on. Legal drinking age or not he wud have been trashed while tailgating and Jordan would have had her hands full trying to keep up with him.
She would have constantly been making him eat, and the two of them would have been laughing hysterically 🤣🤣🤣. He would have been dancing, and singing, and me relaxing would have not happened!! I thought of him a lot Saturday night, when the beer ran down the blanket directly towards me, anytime he spilled something as s kid, it always rolled towards me. There were butterflies in the air, they always remind me of him. There were beach balls being tossed everywhere , if it was a ball he could hit!! He was all about it. In my mind, he was there with me, with a License to Chill.🏄♀️🍹⛱🏖
One thought on “Crossed Off🦜🎤🎸”
I’m so glad you had a relaxing evening filled with light and laughter. I’m also grateful you had happy reflections instead of the deep pain of your loss. Can’t wait to see what you cross off your bucket list next! ❤😁🌴🌻